Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Rain

Jenny here.

Today marks 2 months since the diagnosis. And funny enough, since we have a high copay for the SNF, it's the day we hit our 2014 max out of pocket. So I guess I will just have a bill from one facility for the year. I am so blessed though. My head is above water in all areas of life at this moment. The medical bills will get paid in time.

It's a rainy day in DFW. Wil has had 3 great days in a row!  His color looks better, he's alert, more words are understandable, and he's eating with small chews! My only wish is that they got him out of bed for more than just PT at the SNF. When they do his therapy he uses the bathroom with assistance and he feels good. It's hard work but he feels good!  But that's 30-60 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

Today I cooked baked ziti (mostly zucchini because it's softer) which is one of Wil's favorites. I took some to the SNF and he devoured 80% of a 3x3x3" square plus an Ensure. He let me lay my head on his chest. We looked at the slideshow I was putting together for the blog. It was a great dinner date.

The link below is for a slideshow. Some pics may be familiar, some I haven't shared before. We are still so in awe of the kindness that our virtual community showers us with through the storm.  Much love to you all.

The First 60


No comments:

Post a Comment