Thursday, December 26, 2013

Answering the Call

I ask him the same question. How serious do you take your vows?  There are only two options. Fight or quit.

He cries.   He says "it's too hard."

I turn away to eat my own dinner which is no longer appetizing.

He sits himself up and starts to eat his soup.   He says he will try.  I pray.

Love is a feeling. Commitment is an action. I tell him altar calls are about recommitting and that's all I need from him. A commitment to fight for our love. For our relationship. For our life. I can't do this without him. I won't let him quit.

Keep him in your thoughts. He's really struggling emotionally and mentally with all of this. And me too.

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you both and you families. May God give him the strength to east one more bite, take one more step, to do everything just a little more than he did the day before.

    ReplyDelete