Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Beauty Is

Disclaimer:  I don't post pics that Wil hasn't approved. And I don't post them for shock value. I post them (we post them) because Wil wanted this to be our live journal of what this journey is and isn't. We also wanted to let others who love him, and can't be here see his sweet face, a chance to feel a little closer.

I've had people tell me cancer is beautiful.  Well meaning I'm sure. I get it.  Our life is forever changed. Our priorities are suddenly clear. But as I sit and watch my best friend in pain each day, beautiful is not the word that comes to mind.  Cancer, I'm afraid, I can't agree is beautiful. It ravages and strips away your energy and dignity as you come to depend more and more on others as your body shuts down functions to fight the fight.

My husband is beautiful, our life is beautiful, our love is beautiful, the kindness of others is beautiful. Wil's spirit through this is beautiful. Things cancer can't take away.

Some pics are from last week (doing OT, getting a haircut from a tech), the black and white from the ER this weekend, and a few close ups from today. I can't wait until we look back at these and say, "wow, it's hard to believe it was ever like that."












1 comment:

  1. that rolling table looks pretty full! Is he eating better now?

    ReplyDelete